MongoDB Atlas Data Lake (ADL) is a multi-tenant on-demand query processing service that allows users to query data from multiple data sources using the MongoDB Query Language (MQL). The ADL Team builds cloud-based distributed systems software and features that enable our users to natively query and analyze data across AWS S3 and MongoDB Atlas in a stable and performant manner. This frees our users to focus on working with the data itself instead of the machinery needed to interact with and maintain it. ADL serves some of MongoDB’s largest and most performance sensitive customers.
Our ongoing work includes improvements in query optimization, planning, execution and performance, distributed systems, and richer query language support.
This team currently consists of approximately 10 engineers, and we are expanding the team in our US HQ in New York. We have lots of interesting problems to work on that have a direct impact on users - so we need your help!
If you want to lead a team in developing the core technology for a distributed query processing service, join us. Let’s change what’s possible for application developers, business analysts, and data scientists.
Successful candidates will have the following qualities
- Hands-on experience building industrial-strength software
- Background in database internals or building core components of data processing systems
- Solid computer science fundamentals, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, and software design/architecture
- Excellent verbal and written technical communication skills and desire to collaborate with colleagues, mentor fellow engineers and lead projects
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or similar field, or equivalent practical experience. M.Sc./Ph.D preferred
- Hands-on experience in the theory and practice of distributed query processing
- Track record of identifying and implementing creative technical solutions
- Professional experience with Azure or GCP Cloud APIs is desirable
- Innovate in the area of large scale distributed data query execution
- Understand and improve current functionality of ADL
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support novel solutions related to query execution, query performance, query language enhancements or distributed data processing functionality
- Work with other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Work with other teams including Atlas, client drivers, support, and consulting to coordinate changes or contribute to their projects
- In three months, you will have contributed to the design and development in Golang of a feature to be released to our customers
- In six months, you’ll have taken on code review responsibilities and are involved in implementation of a major new feature
- In twelve months, you’re leading the development of a new major feature and are helping to mentor new engineers on the team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*