The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $84B+ by 2022!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the fastest-growing database on the planet, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
In this role, MongoDB is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic Tax Accountant to join our international finance team located in Dublin, Ireland. To be successful, this employee must have the ability to adapt quickly and operate effectively in a rapidly scaling, dynamic environment and align well with MongoDB’s core values. This is a great opportunity to join and grow with a strong finance team at a high growth company.
- Manage the tax compliance calendar to ensure that tax payments and returns are filed and paid in a timely manner
- Liaise with external advisors on the review and filing of corporate tax, WHT and VAT returns in EMEA & APAC
- Review of quarterly and year-end tax provision of international entities for US GAAP reporting
- Review of tax provision included in local statutory financial statements
- Assist with all tax matters around month end close, including preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and return to provision calculations
- Liaise with finance and tech ops teams to ensure all tax compliance issues are taken into consideration for any new systems roll out
- Collaborate with US tax team on global tax projects
- Assist with tax audits, including gathering information to be sent to tax office
- Assist with ad-hoc finance tasks
- Excellent organization skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including ability to communicate effectively with external consultants and internal teams
- Must exercise good judgment and confidentiality
- Strong track record of meeting deadlines and resolving queries
- Strong MS Excel and numerical skills
- Experience with NetSuite or comparable ERP system
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multi geographical team in a dynamic fast paced environment
The ideal candidate will be a part qualified or fully qualified chartered tax advisor/consultant with 1-2 years of relevant experience.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*