The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Sales Development at MongoDB
One of our major competitive advantages is our best in class sales enablement training that considers the needs of all supporting organizations. This development program includes a comprehensive Sales Bootcamp, sophisticated sales training, and leadership and development programs.
MongoDB's Sales Development organization is responsible for driving new business opportunity and expanding market share through qualified pipeline, as well as driving the business forward by developing the next generation of top closers.
As the Sales Development Senior Manager, you will be responsible for delivering both revenue and talent for the US org. You will focus on the strategy, recruitment, enablement and execution across all teams to ensure the continued successful trajectory of this organization and its managers.
MongoDB's tremendous growth and scale will expose you to career-changing experiences, people and skills. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to impact the disruption of an $89b industry and technology as a whole.
You’ll have the opportunity to
- Build successful teams through attracting, hiring and developing the world’s best SDR leaders and SDRs
- Focus on program and process building
- Enable your team to relentlessly prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline through your coaching and mentoring on topics including: courageous qualification, prospecting techniques, phone skills, and strategic engagement with Account Executives
- Collaborate with Marketing, Field and Inside Sales to ensure we capitalize on the large market opportunity ahead of us
- Provide meaningful feedback and solutions to improve systems, processes and tools
- Optimize and modernize how Sales handles what Marketing generates as well as how your team generates pipeline into cold accounts, putting instrumentation in place for constant assessment, diagnosis and required actions
- Help your team navigate some of our largest enterprise customers
- Join the leadership team early, giving you the opportunity to build the SDR Program from the ground up, have high visibility to the CRO and CEO, and have a major impact on the entire company
- Attend global leadership training events and strengthen your leadership skills
- A true passion for sales and technology - we want leaders who love what they do and inspire their team
- 5+ years experience selling enterprise technology in a fast-paced and competitive market, preferably in a SaaS company
- 3-5 years experience of building and leading a highly successful and hardworking Sales team
- Experience building programs to drive robust organizations
- Results oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Rep of the Year, etc.)
- Driven – possesses a strong desire to be successful
- Skilled in managing time and resources; strong approach to pipeline generation and qualification
- Intelligent – possesses aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
Life at MongoDB
The health and wellbeing of our team is our first priority. During these times we have extended the option for all of our employees to work from home until the end of the year. We are excited to return to the office when it is safe to do so and are constantly evolving how we bring our strong office culture to a remote working environment.
Our Austin office culture
- MongoDB's Headquarters for NA Account Development and Corporate Sales
- Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT, Legal
- Regular group outings and parties
- Employee affinity groups, Fun Teams, etc.
- Comprehensive Health & dental insurance through Cigna
- Free lunch twice per week
- Fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Corporate Gym Discount
- Employee Assistance Program
Interviewing is not an easy thing and can be alien to some people. We want you to succeed. When we interview, we’re trying to determine a couple of things:
- Would you be successful if you were part of our team?
- Will you love working here and be a positive influence on our team?
- Will you grow during your time here?
We seek to provide feedback throughout our interview process, usually directly in the interview. We love working with people who are always trying to better themselves.
When you’re preparing to interview, you’ll often be sharing stories about your current and past roles. An excellent way to frame this is with the CARR model: Context, Action, Results, Reflection. This allows you to succinctly share the experiences you’ve gained.
We’re looking for people with a passion for technology. Make sure you invest some time in learning about MongoDB, the industry we operate in, what we offer and how we set ourselves apart.
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
“MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.”