We're looking for engineers interested in helping us build the best technology education program in the industry. Our ideal candidate is a software developer who also loves to teach. You've built some non-trivial applications. But you also have a passion for explaining technical concepts in just the right way.
This is a unique role because it combines teaching and software engineering. You'll design highly technical instructor-led training courses with hands-on exercises to help people get the most out of MongoDB technologies. You'll also become a veritable MongoDB expert. When applying, please let us know in a few words why you'd be a good fit. Polymath developer? Technology geek? Hacker who loves to speak and write? If any of these descriptions fits, then we'd love to hear from you!
What you’ll do
- Evaluate training requirements by product and user role, and turn those requirements into courses with clearly defined learning objectives and learning paths.
- Design, develop, and maintain course materials. Course materials include presentation content, student and instructor guides, demo scripts, hands-on coding exercises, quizzes and assessments.
- Use feedback and survey data from students, training instructors and MongoDB field engineering teams to create new courses and improve existing courses.
- Spend up to two weeks each quarter co-delivering classes alongside a MongoDB instructor to gain firsthand experience of how course content is delivered and received.
- Build “train-the-trainer” materials to enable MongoDB’s training instructors around the world to deliver our training courses effectively.
- Learn about new product features and teaching methods, collaborating with the MongoDB product engineering and field engineering teams to create engaging, accurate, in-depth educational material.
- Develop sample applications using a variety of programming languages.
- Continually look for ways to extend and improve our courses to support new products and features, and to enhance the learning experience for students and their instructors.
Experience you’ll need
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related engineering discipline, or equivalent experience in a software or technology-related field. Aptitude and attitude are more important than credentials.
- Demonstrated experience in at least two of the following areas: teaching, technical content development, public speaking, technical writing.
- Experience using one or more database technologies. Knowledge of MongoDB is a plus, but not required.
- You are comfortable and familiar with modern software development practices and infrastructure.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A “can-do” attitude, and the ability to work collaboratively with all members of the curriculum development team and training delivery staff.
- Ability to manage time effectively, to complete tasks on a deadline, and to effectively communicate project status and risks as timelines evolve.
- You enjoy self-driven exploration and education on new technologies and languages.
- Ability to adapt to innovative technologies and learn quickly in a fast-paced environment.
Within 3 months:
- Complete new hire technical training to acquire hands-on technical knowledge of MongoDB products, their specific capabilities and use cases.
- Via new hire training and shadowing, acquire a deep knowledge of MongoDB instructor-led training offerings, student personae and learning objectives.
- Assist in the creation and review of new training content (slides and hands-on exercises).
Within 6 months:
- Successfully co-deliver several MongoDB training courses, demonstrating a solid understanding of the source material.
- Comfortable with creating and releasing new / updated training content, given a course outline with defined learning objectives.
- Contribute to the design of new and updated training offerings.
Within 12 months:
- Own the end-to-end production of one or more training offerings - from curriculum design to content development to gathering stakeholder feedback.
- With the broader Curriculum team, contribute to refining processes and tooling to drive increased development velocity and quality of instructor-led training content.
Do you know, Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career?
- Disrupting a $64 Billion market
- Top NoSQL database in the world
- Largest Ecosystem and the fastest growing database in the world
- Close to 17,000 customers in over 100 countries and over 90+ million downloads
- >120% net ARR expansion rate over each of the last twenty quarters
- Sequoia Capital and a number of other Top VC firms have invested in MongoDB. Sequoia Capital calls us out as one of their flagship portfolios; Sequoia has also invested in Apple, Google, Youtube, and WhatsApp
- 9-figure revenue company, with very high double-digit growth rates
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with skill-full people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Life at MongoDB
Our India office culture
- 200+ people, with teams in Sales, Engineering, HR, Finance, IT & Marketing
- Regular group outings and opportunities to get to know your colleagues
- Employee affinity groups
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats
- Macbooks are company standard
- 26 weeks Maternity & 20 Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*