The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The MongoDB Technical Services team is a dynamic and deeply technical worldwide customer-facing team situated inside the Customer Engineering organisation. We are responsible for helping our customers succeed with MongoDB products, including our new Realm mobile solutions which this position will support. Our engineers combine their MongoDB expertise with passion, initiative, collaboration and a great sense of humour to achieve outstanding results for our customers.
You will work closely with highly skilled engineers and developers, encounter many different kinds of problems, recognise patterns, provide product feedback, contribute to documentation, shape processes, and help guide the evolution of the MongoDB Realm product itself. Most importantly, you will help our customers launch and run all manner of mobile applications using the newly launched MongoDB Realm on our Atlas platform.
What you’ll do
- Help Realm users to solve complex issues with their mobile solutions, e.g., resolving questions on SDKs, mobile sync, architecture, performance, scaling and everything in between
- Be a specialist on the best methods for developing and running mobile applications at scale, whatever that scale may be
- Advocate for customers’ needs, working with the Product Engineering teams to debug and reproduce problem reports from MongoDB Realm
- Recognise patterns, and effectively categorise and build links between related issues and projects
What you’ll need to succeed
- Genuine desire to help people succeed with our technology
- Ability to quickly learn a wide variety of new technical skills
- Advanced diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) are essential. You'll be working with users from all over the world with very diverse backgrounds, as well as highly technical engineering teams
You'll have the ability to
- Develop simple mobile applications using Xcode (iOS) or Android Studio
- Read and understand the intent of code and stack traces in one or more languages of: Java, Kotlin, Swift, objective C, react-native.
- Comfortably navigate through Linux systems using a shell
- Understand and solve systems, performance and resource utilisation
- Write simple reproduction scripts
- Software development background in multiple languages
- Mobile development background on iOS or Android (Swift, Java, React-native, Kotlin, dotnet/Xamarin)
- Experience using or managing databases (like MongoDB) as a developer or DBA
- Application support experience
In 3 Months:
- Be able to run through the creation of a simple app using MongoDB Realm, including sync to multiple devices
- Be confident in handling customer cases with identifiable diagnostic signatures
- Identify user-reported cases that don’t describe bugs
- You will have written detailed issue summaries for our Engineering teams
- Developed good understanding of Realm Sync, MongoDB and Atlas
In 6 Months
- You are identifying issue patterns and escalating when appropriate
- You can take any issue and work on it to completion, either by yourself or by including a colleague at the right time and with the appropriate skills to accelerate a solution
- Developed solid working knowledge of Nodejs, React-native, iOS, Kubernetes, Docker
- You are considered a technical specialist on MongoDB Realm
In 12 Months
- You are influencing the product roadmap based on issues you’ve seen
- You can answer critical issues from our enterprise customers based on their use case
- You have a deep understanding of MongoDB Realm services and its synchronisation technology
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer.