The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $84B+ by 2022!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing software that people use every day. We are the fastest-growing database on the planet and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years.
The MongoDB Cloud Services Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to help users manage their MongoDB deployments. The team develops software to run MongoDB in the cloud at global scale, including MongoDB Atlas, our database as a service offering. Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in just minutes.
We’re seeking a Senior Full Stack Engineer to join our Atlas product team and work closely with the product and analytics teams across our entire Cloud offering.
We're looking for someone who
- Is curious, collaborative and intellectually honest
- Has worked on production-grade web applications
- Has experience (and enjoys) mentoring engineers
- Has experience defining and upholding best practices in code reviews
- Is proficient in one or more back-end languages (we use Java and Go)
- Experience planning and applying analytics tracking in applications
- Experience implementing AB tests
- Work closely within full stack product teams, considering the user’s perspective while helping the team achieve success
- Collaborate with the other Web Chapter members over best practices and core concepts
- Hold yourself accountable to your actions, maintaining the balance between accomplishing goals with research & development
- Own our core values and adhere to them in your work
- Stay up to date with best practices in web engineering
A Full Stack Engineer will be successful in this role when they:
- Are open, honest and willing to contribute and collaborate with others
- Develop confidence in finding their way across the platform
- Can take responsibility for the planning and execution of a major feature, representing Engineering when working with Product and Design
- Are willing to learn and contribute to other parts of the stack if the need arises
- Are resolute in their approach to problem solving, balancing the needs of their team with the willingness to get to the bottom of issues
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*