The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $97B+ by 2023!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading, modern, data platform, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
The Lead Engineer of Go-to-market (GTM) operations plays a unique role within the greater go-to-market operations team by being responsible to drive the effectiveness and efficiency of our customer-facing teams through the best use of technology. You will be the engineer responsible for coming up with solutions to business problems around integrations, data ingestion, and transformation.
In the role of Lead Engineer, you will collaborate with key partners and apply your technical proficiency across different stages of the Software Development Life Cycle including Requirements Elicitation, Application Architecture definition, and Design. You will be part of a learning culture, where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
About the job
- Hire, train and lead a team of engineers responsible for integrations across the GTM systems
- Implement custom integrations and data streams across the business systems
- Manipulate and transform data as needed from the business teams
- Build a large-scale batch and real-time platform that will make data pipelines seamless and scalable for GTM teams
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tools to improve the business systems
- Collaborate with other software engineers across the company to remove the data silos and accelerate the growth of the business
- Implement internal front end applications to expose data or control workflows
What success looks like
- Working closely to the business using your technical expertise to build creative solutions for the business problems presented
- Collaborating with internal teams leveraging their skills and tools to deliver the best solutions
- Hire and train an exceptional team that can deliver fast with a high quality
- The GTM team sees you as a source our knowledge of our internal systems and a lead to organize and create technical solutions involving integrations, data management and workflows
The candidate for this position should possess
- Experience with business systems like Salesforce, Tableau, Data warehousing, Marketing Automation
- AWS services such as EMR, Lambda, S3, Athena, Glue, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Several programming languages (Python, Scala, Java, etc.)
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in Apex Programming, Visual force, controllers, triggers, batch processes, APIs and web services
- Good understanding of best practices of coding standards
- At least 2 years of experience in translating functional/non-functional requirements to system requirements
- A diverse set of databases like MongoDB, Cassandra, Redshift, Postgres, etc.
- Different storage formats such as Parquet, Avro, Arrow, and JSON
- Git and GitHub
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Experience in creating technical design documents
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.