MongoDB has recently acquired Realm and they both share a common goal of providing the best possible solution for developers to work with data and accelerate innovation. Realm is an open-source on-device object database used by over 100k+ developers (with 47K Github stars). Over 2 billion app installations (and over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies) rely on Realm mobile database.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 2+ years of experience with building client-side applications
- Have a good understanding of React Native and its core principles
- Have a high interest in building libraries for other developers (and checking quality of your work with test automation)
- Want to participate in Open Source software development and communities
- Be an effective engineer and problem solver
- Have experience with or want to learn C++
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organisation
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Software Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around each of the Realm SDKs and Sync code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with geographically distributed team
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*