Pre-Sales Solutions Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using MongoDB. The Pre-Sales Solutions Architecture team at MongoDB is made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs, and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment, and operations. You'll work closely with our sales reps and play a key role in winning deals and driving the business forward. You'll be a trusted advisor to a wide range of users from startups to the world's largest enterprise IT organizations. Travel is required.
- Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's largest software development projects leveraging MongoDB
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making the best use of MongoDB
- Partner with our sales team to help ensure success in accounts ranging from small startups to large enterprises
- Lead proof of concept implementations from concept through execution
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into business benefits for management and executives
- B.A. / B.S. or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 2+ years of pre-sales experience with infrastructure software
- Working knowledge and ability to code with one or more modern scripting languages (e.g. Python, Node.js, AngularJS, jQuery, SQL) and popular programming languages (e.g. C/C++, Java, C#) is required.
- Experience with scalable and highly available distributed systems
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Experience selling databases a plus, but not required
- MongoDB Certification a plus, but not required
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*