The MongoDB Curriculum team delivers high-quality educational content to tens of thousands of visitors daily. The Curriculum team seeks to become an industry leader in creating delightful, interactive curriculum helping MongoDB learners of all levels and backgrounds acquire new skills with ease.
The curriculum writer is in charge of translating descriptions of content into high-quality, engaging written material. This includes engaging text explanations of technical concepts and personable video scripts. A strong candidate should be able to quickly understand technical concepts and write easily-digestible, engaging content using a clearly-defined tone. The curriculum writer will additionally be instrumental in defining the tone of our curriculum. They should be comfortable with deliberately employing a variety of tones and documenting the contextualized tones found most effective for future utilization.
This is an excellent opportunity for writers who are looking to extend their impact by creating content that will change the lives of thousands of people daily and make the world of technical education a touch more fun and engaging.
The ideal candidate will
- Have demonstrated experience in writing educational content, preferably in the space of tech education
- Be able to write engaging, grammatically-correct copy with quick turnaround
- Possess a strong command of tone and international accessibility concerns
- Be able to quickly understand technical concepts
- Value a highly-collaborative environment, being at ease receiving feedback and instructing team members of all backgrounds
Nice to haves
- Experience with writing computer science / programming curriculum
- Experience with MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
- Experience with a programming language
- Write all text content for new courses, including instructional written lectures, tutorials, and video scripts
- Employ deliberate tones in different educational experiences and document the successes and use cases of each
- Utilize and document writing style guidelines for consistent tone, terminology, and international accessibility
“MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws”