MongoDB Atlas is the global cloud database service for modern applications. Atlas allows customers to deploy a fully managed, distributed database across AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure simultaneously. We are the first major cloud database to make this capability generally available and with it we have solidified our standing as a leader in the cloud database market.
Join the Atlas Search team, and help us build the best search experience for developers on the MongoDB platform. We are responsible for the new $search operator that just launched at MongoDB World. Our team enjoys thinking about and implementing solutions in search, database, and distributed systems spaces.
- Build and design our integrated search platform with a collaborative group of engineers, while thinking about concepts like consistency and correctness.
- Contribute to our Java 11 service, "mongot".
- Collaborate with teams globally across MongoDB to work on sophisticated projects, and at times contribute to the core C++ MongoDB server and query platform.
- Become adept and work on two leading open source platforms, MongoDB and Lucene.
- Participate in product and design discussions.
- Perform code reviews with peer and make recommendations on how to improve our code and software developemet processes.
You, the ideal candidate is:
- Proficient in modern programming languages and techniques, with an interest in working in Java.
- Looking for a high impact role in a young software project with high rates of adoption.
- Passionate about developing reliable high quality software.
- Prideful in writing beautiful code with the utmost attention to detail.
- Values implementing solutions with an eye for readability and future extensibility.
- Eager to impact and envision the technological future of a complex system.
- Enjoys to discuss and learn from your team members to become better software engineers.
Nice to haves:
- Experience in developing and working with distributed systems.
- Experience developing cloud services and SaaS products.
- Experience designing and maintaining search platforms and distributed databases.
- Experience writing concurrent applications / Experience debugging and profiling JVM applications.
First year roadmap:
- In 3 months, you'll contribute to the improvement of our core "mongot" repository.
- In 6 months, you'll be working on features such as query features or platform improvements.
- In 12 months, you'll be building POCs, designing new features, and collaborating with other Cloud and Server teams on complex projects.
“MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws”