MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 9 million downloads, thousands of customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners. Learn more at www.mongodb.com.
The Benefits Manager, Americas is responsible for the administration, maintenance, design, and enhancements of all benefits programs in the region.The position requires a strong sense of problem solving ability, strong program management skills, ability to work in a fast pace environment adapting to change, strong executional skills, and ability to work independently. The Benefits Manager, Americas will partner with their peers in the EMEA, APAC regions and will report to the Global Benefits & Compliance Manager. The role requires at least 1 year of people management experience and strong coaching skills, as this person will act as a manager for a People Operations Coordinator.
This is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to elevate their existing benefits knowledge and experience, to become not only a subject matter expert, but a lead for the multiple benefits programs available at MongoDB.
- Provide regional benefits subject matter support to the Global People Team (People Ops, People Partners, Recruiters)
- Be an escalation point for the questions around benefits in the US, Canada and Mexico
- Manage Open Enrollment and annual renewals
- Analyze existing benefits policies and prevailing practices among similar organizations to recommend and establish competitive perks and benefits programs
- Strengthen Employer Brand by working with the Employer Brand Manager and Global Benefits Manager
- Be a Lead for the following existing benefits programs: Parental Leave, Mental Health, Fertility Support, Parenting Counseling, Wellness, Preventive Care, Financial Education, Corporate Social Responsibility, and others
- Manage vendor performance in relation to established customer service measures and ensuring vendor performance is aligned with company expectations
- Research and screen new vendors, formalize a proposal for the new benefit programs in the region
- Manage ongoing education of employees on the benefits available to them
- Establish relationships with vendors, brokers, consultants and internal resources to ensure that benefit plans are compliant, competitive and cost-effective
- Liaise with the Procurement Team on having our external agreements compliant
- Leave of Absence Management: FMLA, Parental Leave, PFL, Disability and Sick leave
- Perform annual plan compliance testing, reporting and audits
- All other duties and responsibilities, as assigned, including being a back-up for the People Operations Coordinator
What to expect
In 1 month you will get familiar with the internal MongoDB processes and programs, get to know your colleagues and vendors, get familiar with existing benefits packages, plan specifics. You will give your assessment of the existing processes and programs and will come up with an enhancement plan for each program.
In 3 months you will be a go-to person for the tricky benefits questions, you will have ongoing calls with the vendors and brokers. You will be navigating through leave conversations. You will be able to set challenging goals for yourself, which will be aligned with the Global Benefits Philosophy and business needs. You will be heavily involved in the projects Global People Team runs and will be able to learn from your colleagues.
In 6 months you will be managing Open Enrollment end-to-end (work with the brokers and the team on the contribution strategy and plan design, prepare communication plan for employees and deliver presentations, ensure successful data processing) . You will be delivering against the Global communication plan and goals in the region, putting together the renewal and benefits events calendar, and track your progress against the goals set. You will already have quick wins on the benefits front.
In 1 year you will be a regional benefits guru for the team and for employees, and will be able to come up with a North America Benefits Program for the next FY. You will look back to a year ago, and you’ll feel proud of your achievements.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in HR management, Business or other relevant major
- Experience with MS Word, Excel, Google Applications
- At least 5 years of benefits experience required
- At least 1 year of people management experience is essential
- Experience with managing Open Enrollment
- Knowledge of the HDHP, HSA is preferred
- International benefits knowledge is preferred
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality regarding payroll, benefits, and employee issues
- Outstanding interpersonal, problem solving and communication skills
- Ability to coach others and to be coachable
- Ability to multi-task and work in a global fast paced environment
- Strong analytical and organizational skills and attention to detail
- Must be a self-starter, highly motivated, and able to shift directions quickly when priorities change
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*