MongoDB is looking for a Senior Driver Engineer to build the best Node.js developer experience when working with our database. You will develop open-source projects for the language driver, ODMs, and related infrastructure that support the use of MongoDB and its products. Node.js is the fastest growing programming language community for MongoDB. MongoDB is the fifth most popular database in the market and you will be in a position to help drive greater popularity.
You’ll be involved in a range of opportunities, from design and implementation of new features to troubleshooting and fixing existing ones. You will represent MongoDB to the community, supporting their development activities through on-line communities and at developer conferences. Some travel is required.
As an ideal candidate, you have contributed to open source or released your own projects on Github. You can work independently; communicate well both in person and to a crowd; and dive into a new code and learn from existing examples. You have a burning desire to constantly improve yourself, the product, and your team. Success in this role requires experience with Node.js, databases, and open source software development.
- Work on and improve the Node.js driver, ODM, and related projects
- Write clean, tested and testable code
- Advocate for usability throughout the design and development process
- Participate in regular code reviews, mentor junior engineers, and collaborate with peers in our distributed world-wide development team
- Communicate directly with the community answering questions, fixing bugs and providing material which teach best practices in using our products
- You have written concurrent event-driven code and have the stories to prove it
- A BS in computer science or a closely related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to haves
- You have experience with developing for the MEAN stack
- Experience with a client-side framework such as React, Backbone, Angular or Ember
- Experience working with relational or NoSQL databases
- Test Driven Design and agile development methods
- Windows development experience
- Technical leadership or management experience
"MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws”