MongoDB is the next-generation database that helps businesses transform their industries by harnessing the power of data. The world’s most sophisticated organizations, from cutting-edge startups to the largest companies, use MongoDB to create applications never before possible at a fraction of the cost of legacy databases. MongoDB is the fastest-growing database ecosystem, with over 40 million downloads, 6,600+ customers, and over 1,000 technology and service partners. Learn more at www.mongodb.com.
We have an amazing ‘cutting edge’ product and high-profile customers. If you enjoy being the focal point in assessing high impact issues and taking ownership to drive appropriate resources to resolve and follow up, then this role is for you. Our customers love us; this role will give you a chance to grow your business and technical acumen while helping to maintain high levels of customer satisfaction. We will give you the education and tools to be highly proficient with MongoDB, and you will be exposed to numerous Fortune 1000 customers, real world use cases and cutting-edge applications.
Shift Timings : Morning Shift
The Escalation Manager is a critical role within Technical Services, working internally with our Engineering, Services, Sales and Product Management teams, as well as externally with customers and partners, to coordinate and drive the resolution of critical technical issues. Transparency is key and is achieved by providing timely and accurate updates to senior management regarding active escalations, as well as important detail on the status of the customer account.
Technical Services has over 100 global team members in offices including Sydney, Austin, Palo Alto, New York, Delhi, Tel Aviv, and Dublin. There are also team members who work remotely and are homed to their nearest support office. Outstanding customer satisfaction is achieved utilizing a 24x7x365 ‘follow-the-sun’ support model with regional teams covering North America, EMEA, and APAC regions.
Our ideal candidate is highly organized, articulate and adept at taking charge of situations while multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. They have the ability to quickly assess the business impact of an issue and effectively gather the appropriate resources that will drive the issue to resolution. The individual strives to understand the strengths and roles of individuals and cross-functional relationships in our organization, to develop and pursue the best plan of action. This person ensures that the customer’s voice is heard throughout the escalation process, establishes correct expectations, and drives the resolution of the case through effective internal and external communication.
The successful candidate will have enough technical depth to understand how product behavior drives technical escalations. They are able to determine which skillsets are necessary to address and de-escalate the technical crisis, while also understanding the broader impact of the escalation on account health. The ideal candidate will have a background in customer-facing Support or Services, but candidates from a Development, Systems or Database background will also be considered.
Communication skills are central to success in this role, from strong negotiation and objection handling skills to present the appropriate level of summary information to different groups during different stages of the escalation, including post-mortem analysis and discussion.
- Responsible for managing a small number of long-running, high-impact escalations
- Mapping all customer points of contact and their role in the escalation
- Setting and resetting customer expectations on status and timelines
- Determining, alongside Engineering subject matter experts, who within MongoDB will need to be involved in order to resolve the escalation
- Obtaining the commitment of Engineering and Field leadership to dedicate the agreed-upon resources to the resolution of the escalation
- Organizing internal calls with MongoDB personnel to ensure awareness and synchronization of our efforts to resolve the escalation
- Organizing customer calls and MongoDB attendance of those calls
- Determining the necessary cadence of communication with the escalated customer and ensuring we follow that cadence
- Ensuring that our Follow-the-Sun model is effectively and consistently utilized to resolve managed escalations
- Developing and sending regular (textual) executive summaries to internal stakeholders, including members of the executive team as necessary, until escalation is resolved
- Ensuring timely delivery of all MongoDB commitments to customers and internal stakeholders, along with other MongoDB managers, and actively communicating any deliverables that slip the schedule
- Deliver timely and high-quality incident resolution focused on root cause analysis, prevention, and knowledge transfer of learnings from the issue
- Identify, manage and record escalation trends
- Onsite customer visits as required
The Escalation Account Manager will be successful in this role by building strong relationships with our strategic clients and in reducing the impact of escalated support cases.
In your first year you will have successfully handled at least ten long-running escalations and received positive feedback on them, documented escalation procedures, developed a list of Subject-Matter-Experts (SME’s) to engage in escalations related to specific product areas. You will also be involved in developing a training plan for new hires into the Escalation Manager role. After each escalation, you will run a “post-mortem” review of the escalation to document what we learned and to make ongoing suggestions for improving our related processes, documents, and tools.
Life at MongoDB
- Competitive salary and equity
- Comprehensive Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance & Life Insurance.
- Free lunch twice per week and a fully stocked kitchen with healthy and sweet treats.
- Macbooks are company standard
- 26 weeks Maternity & 20 weeks Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals.
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*