Who You Are
With a strong engineering background, you’re looking for a role that gives you the freedom to help define and implement a modern security engineering function. You’re passionate about building a program that puts a heavy emphasis on customer and engineer experience. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
Who We Are
The MongoDB Atlas Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including:
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- MongoDB Stitch - our serverless platform offering that allows developers to build apps on MongoDB without managing any infrastructure.
The MongoDB Atlas Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. We are a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, and operations.
- You will take ownership and drive improvement for parts of our program such as vulnerable dependency scanning, threat modeling, or secrets management.
- Empower developers to write secure software through code review and feedback
- Architect and help engineers develop features that can be merged in to the Atlas code base
- Plan and execute security assessments of our products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure
- Build software and infrastructure to protect customer data hosted in our cloud solution
- Educate the engineering org on security through CTFs, lunch-and-learns, and one-on-one conversations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and fix software security issues through manual code review.
- Comfortable leading threat modeling and being a security ambassador to other security teams
- Scripting experience and ability to contribute code back to our environments
- Communicate complex technical issues in a simple manner that builds trust with a variety of audiences
- Experience with cloud environments
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
Nice to Haves
- Docker and Kubernetes operation and security
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large scale environments
Success in this role means
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing software security topics
- Owning our automated code review, dynamic analysis, and dependency management tools.
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*