The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $89B+ by 2024!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the leading modern data platform and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
Who You Are
With a strong engineering background, you’re looking for a role that gives you the freedom to help define and implement a modern security engineering function. You’re passionate about building a program that puts a heavy emphasis on customer and engineer experience. You enjoy partnering with different teams to find and implement pragmatic solutions.
Who We Are
The MongoDB Atlas Team is a diverse collection of individuals working together to provide services at global scale. The team is responsible for several services including:
- MongoDB Atlas - our database as a service offering and fastest growing product
- Cloud Manager - our hosted monitoring, administration, and performance optimization tool
- Ops Manager - our on-prem management platform that makes it easy to deploy MongoDB on your own infrastructure
- MongoDB Realm - our serverless platform helping customers build apps that reliably sync between mobile devices and their backend
The MongoDB Atlas Security Team helps the engineers design, implement, and operate systems in a manner that protects customer data. We are a multi-disciplinary team that spans across product, application, cloud, infrastructure, and operations.
- You will help define and execute on our application security program including vulnerable dependency scanning, static analysis, threat modeling, and secrets management
- Build and customize software and infrastructure to improve prevention, detection, and response capabilities across our cloud product suite
- Triage and drive remediation of issues identified in our systems
- Create and respond to alerts of malicious activity in our environment
- Empower developers to write secure software through code review and feedback
- Plan, develop, and coordinate with engineers on features that can be merged in to the Atlas code base
- Execute security assessments of our products, services, and associated cloud infrastructure
- Educate the engineering org on security through CTFs, lunch-and-learns, and one-on-one conversations
- Demonstrated ability to identify and fix security issues using automated tools
- Scripting experience and ability to contribute code back to our environments
- Comfortable contributing to threat modeling and being a security ambassador to other teams
- Effectively communicate and build trust with a variety of teams
- A strong sense of ownership and delivery
Nice to Haves
- Docker and Kubernetes operation and security
- Working knowledge of one or more major cloud providers (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- Experience with large scale environments
Success in this role means
- Owning one or more of our automated security capabilities such as static analysis, dynamic analysis, or vulnerable dependency management
- Seeing projects through from conception to completion in order to deliver new services or capabilities for the team
- Establishing yourself as a go-to person for discussing security topics
To drive the personal growth and business impact of our employees, we’re committed to developing a supportive and enriching culture for everyone. From employee affinity groups, to fertility assistance and a generous parental leave policy, we value our employees’ wellbeing and want to support them along every step of their professional and personal journeys. Learn more about what it’s like to work at MongoDB, and help us make an impact on the world!
MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.