You love data, both big and small. You are interested in creating engaging content that drives awareness of how people are using MongoDB to change the world. You are looking to be part of a dynamic global communications team at the fastest growing data platform company in the world. The Director, Customer Evangelism will have the opportunity to build on the momentum we already have and create a new customer evangelism program that will amplify the unique ways people are using MongoDB. It will be heavily focused on user-generated content and building true partnerships with our customers to produce assets that are unique, compelling and beneficial to both MongoDB and our users.
The database market is massive (the IDC estimates it to be $98B+ by 2023!) and MongoDB is at the head of its disruption. The MongoDB community is transforming industries and empowering developers to build amazing apps that people use every day. We are the fastest-growing database on the planet, and the first database provider to IPO in over 20 years. Join our team and be at the forefront of innovation and creativity.
What you’ll be doing:
- Revamping the existing customer reference program
- Making recommendations on how we tool, scale and hire for the future of the program
- Triaging the needs of multiple teams with customer reference requests, including marketing, engineering, partnerships, C-suite, comms and developer relations
- Creating a true partnership with the sales and customer services orgs to identify target reference customers and build relationships with them
- Coordinating with the teams running our Customer Advisory Board to contribute ideas and identify strategic opportunities to turn participants into public advocates
- Setting up repeatable systems for getting earnings vignettes, custom content for events and participation in media and analyst relations activities
- Working with our internal writing resources and freelancers to meet deadlines
- Architect, organize and manage the new customer evangelism program in its entirety, building from the current systems we have in place
- Create and manage a customer content calendar that keeps our customer asset pipeline full
- Work directly with customers to help them develop and promote compelling user-generated content, including YouTube videos, technical case studies, third party blogs and content for conferences and meet-ups.
- Build ongoing relationships with our larger customers so we can collect valuable endorsements for things like media interviews, quarterly earnings vignettes, analyst reports, co-marketing opportunities with partners and more.
- Drive a long term vision of what the customer evangelism program will look like in 3 years
What we are looking for:
- More than ten years of experience in high growth tech companies
- Track record working with users/customers
- Ability to parse technical data and make it relatable and interesting
- A collaborative spirit and an ability to problem-solve
- Excellent writing and project management skills
- Familiarity with integrated marketing campaigns and tactics
- Knowledge of the cloud and/or database space
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*