With MongoDB’s recent acquisition of Realm, we are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to work on Realm’s cloud offering, as a part of our Sync team. At Realm we help mobile developers build better apps faster by giving them a powerful alternative to SQLite. Realm on-device object database is open-source and used by more than a hundred thousand active developers. Over 65% of Fortune 1000 companies rely on Realm in their apps.
Our Sync team focuses on making real-time synchronization engine for Realm Cloud platform, which automatically synchronizing data objects across all devices and the servers in realtime. Realm Sync makes it easy for mobile developers to build sophisticated mobile apps quickly with data-driven features (such as collaboration or messaging) that are responsive and performant irrespective of network status.
As a Senior Engineer, you will work with anything from high-level architecture, API design, algorithms and advanced data structures, to low-level optimizations. You will be involved in the whole process from idea, architecture, design, implementation and test to documentation. We are looking for a person who is a self-starter, enjoys both planned and interrupt-driven work schedules, and has a laser focus on ensuring a great developer experience.
The ideal candidate will...
- Have 5+ years of C++ experience working on production systems
- Distributed systems with high stability and performance and scalability
- Understanding of the networking stack and cloud computing
- Solid knowledge of computer architecture - you know to get max performance from modern hardware
- Experience with standard (or advanced) data structures and algorithms
- Interest in finding performance bottlenecks and making optimizations
- Prior experience with data synchronization (bonus)
- Experience with mobile or embedded development (bonus)
- Design, build and maintain Realm Sync server components
- Write high quality (e.g. clean, well-tested) code
- Participate actively in the code review process
- Collaborate effectively with teammates and colleagues across the organization
- Deliver tasks on-time, clearly, communicate challenges or roadblocks
The Senior Engineer will be successful in this role when they...
- Know their way around Sync and Core code base
- Can deliver tasks through the entire SDLC, from design through deployment with minimal guidance
- Establish a cadence of on-time delivery without cutting corners
- Can communicate design decisions and trade-offs effectively while working with a geographically distributed team
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*