We’re looking for a talented and driven leader, with great energy, passion and initiative to manage a skilled global Pre-Sales Solution Architecture team for the fastest growing database on the planet, MongoDB.
The Pre-sales Manager owns all activities of the pre-sales process for our global Corporate team, specifically in the Mid-Market, to drive awareness and adoption of MongoDB. You are a business partner with sales leadership, managing organizational effectiveness, efficiency, and alignment of all technical resources with clear booking goals, including services. You will work with sales leadership to develop strategies to direct resources toward the largest and most profitable opportunities.
Our Pre-Sales Solutions Architects are responsible for guiding our customers and users to design and build reliable, scalable systems using MongoDB. Your team will be made up of seasoned software architects, entrepreneurs and developers who take direct responsibility for customer success, including the design of their software, deployment and operations.
Uses knowledge of competitive solutions and sophisticated technical sales methodologies to help the sales and technical organizations present the most optimal solution for our customers. Adept at enabling the sales and technical organizations to effectively address and overcome customer objections and move deals forward.
- Exhibits leadership traits in the execution of pre-sales activities across a global team
- Builds and executes plans to recruit, retain, and develop top pre-sales talent
- Ensures that sales and technical organizations are properly aligned to achieve objectives
- Supports and understands the technical resource plan for the Corporate segment
- Partner with our sales teams to help ensure success in accounts ranging from SMB to Commercial/Mid-Market
- Design systems, applications, and infrastructure to help drive some of the world's most innovative software development projects leveraging MongoDB
- Translate technical concepts and patterns into valuable business outcomes for management and executives
- Advise customers on architectures, patterns, and strategies for making best use of MongoDB
- Helps the team complete the required pre-sales processes and documentation quickly and accurately
- Internally qualifies sales opportunities in the terms of customer technical requirements, competition, decision making process
- Coach the team to exceed monthly, quarterly and annual bookings objectives
- Defines and supports the team's individual growth plans
- Experience leading highly successful and talented Technical Sales teams
- 4+ years of pre-sales experience, with strong Commercial/Mid-Market skills
- 3+ years Management experience, ideally in pre-sales, distributed team management preferred
- 3+ years of software development experience
- Goal oriented, with a track record of overachievement (President’s Club, Leader of the Year, etc.)
- Must maintain close alignment with sales management across multiple geographies.
- Driven – possesses a strong desire to be successful
- Disciplined – skilled in managing time and resources; sound approach to technically qualifying opportunities
- Intelligent – possesses aptitude to learn quickly and establish credibility
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Database industry experience a plus
- Software development experience a plus
- MongoDB Certification a plus
- Customer focused
- Ability to travel up to 50% (time not overnight at home)
- B.A. / B.S. or equivalent work experience