Join us and be part of the Storage team at MongoDB. We are responsible for keeping MongoDB Storage ahead of the most demanding customer expectations and to unlock new markets for MongoDB by providing efficient data storage and scalable parallel access that is leveraged by the higher layers of the MongoDB data platform stack.
You will be working with database engineering pioneers with decades of experience. If you want to be part of a globally distributed, inquisitive, hand-picked, collaborative team of engineers who take on challenges of a fast growing and ever demanding data storage technology, join us.
Successful candidates need to have strong computer science knowledge with server-side C or C++ development experience. They are enthusiastic about designing, writing and testing maintainable software. They have excellent technical communication skills, which they leverage to collaborate with colleagues. They manage their time effectively, make realistic assessments of project complexity, and respect others who do the same. Regardless of prior experience, they are willing, able and excited to quickly learn new things. They are curious about how people and organizations use MongoDB, and how MongoDB could be improved to enable more uses.
- Identify, design, implement, test, and support new features in MongoDB
- Work with other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Lead and participate in code and design reviews
- Work with support and field teams to diagnose and remediate customer issues.
- In three months you will have contributed to the development of a project slated for the next major version, as well as fixed a few bugs in a minor version of our latest stable release series
- In six months, you will be leading the development of a new major feature and helping to mentor new engineers on the team