MongoDB is looking for a seasoned Business Analyst to interface directly with cross-functional business teams to identify their needs and work on implementing new or updating existing business system capabilities. This role is comfortable with ambiguity and can "connect the dots" using their experience and expertise to build-to-end process solutions leveraging multiple SaaS technologies to meet twofold objectives in attaining a seamless end user experience whilst not compromising internal controls in scaling with a rapidly growing database technology business. This role will have high visibility into multiple parts of the organization, including but not limited to Finance, Sales, Professional Services, and Data Warehousing and work on operational initiatives that will have a direct impact on the company's strategic goals. As an internally focused "Product Manager" and part of the Business System team, this role works closely with business system administrators and developers to optimize systems and processes that drive the company.
The right candidate will have
- A proven track record of at least 5 plus years in bringing about process improvements to enterprisewide business processes including but not limited to quote to cash, procure to pay, record to report, hire to retire, commission calculation and contract management
- Ability to recognize patterns across customer requirements and leverage them to provide solutions with maximal impact
- Experience working in a complex enterprise SaaS sales company
- Experience with developing best-in-class business processes to optimize use of enterprise SaaS solutions including but not limited to Salesforce, Financial Force, NetSuite, SuccessFactors, and Xactly
- Intrinsic drive to seek constant improvement for our IT solutions.
- Demonstrated experience for application support, problem resolution, escalations, and root cause analysis
- Ability to manage varied and at times conflicting stakeholder needs and requirements for factoring bottoms-up into operational 2-week sprints as well as top-down into management review meetings against a quarterly roadmap
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Knowledge of internal controls and compliance requirements
- Knowledge and experience in Agile methodology and use of JIRA to track tickets to closure and report metrics
- In-depth understanding of data flow across disperse systems, and challenges and best practices involved in maintaining data integrity, for reliable cross-platform reporting and reconciliation
- Knowledge of exception handling processes and reporting needed to maintain integrated systems
- Analyzing complex business problems and assessing how automated systems can be implemented to solve them.
- Translating business requirements into user and functional requirements and driving momentum with project and client stakeholders to ensure timely project execution
- Formulating and defining the objectives and scope of business systems as well as evaluating and contrasting platforms as solutions for new business requirements whilst taking specific strengths and limitations into consideration
- Gathering data and analyzing business needs in consultation with management and end users in a manner that results in win-win outcomes and synergies amongst at time competing needs
- Recommending system changes and enhancements and identify key business outcome and other metrics to track or measure the success of an implementation
- Serving as the single point of contact on behalf of Business Systems for large cross-functional projects, as well as an individual contributor for specific high-value low effort tasks
- Supporting operational financial close processes, prioritizing support activities to provide most business value within limited capacity, and identifying opportunities to automate and optimize recurring Production issues, keeping business priorities into consideration.
- Creating Wiki Confluence documentation on policies, procedures, workflows and user guides and coordinating or performing user training
- Researching transactional issues; identifying root causes and driving resolutions to evolve from firefighting stance to issue remediation
- Supporting research, analysis, and development of new concepts and emerging technologies
- Assisting with data analysis and reporting needs across multiple systems
The Business Analyst will be successful in this role when they can execute the following tasks:
- Communication: Convey accurate estimates, business impacts, and risks for complex technical issues simply and convincingly to a wide range of audiences.
- Technical: Deliver highly complex projects that have been well-tested and are supportable / maintainable
- Collaboration: Work seamlessly between stakeholders to capture requirements and propose technical solutions that create the largest impact for our business
- Customer Service: Deliver an enterprise-wide business systems experience that your customers regard as the best they’ve ever had
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*