MongoDB's ecosystem of products continues to grow, adding features that allow developers to focus on what matters to them most - their applications. MongoDB is looking to add an Education Engineer to our team to help us inspire and inform developers, equipping them with the skills they need to build applications in the mobile/web space on top of MongoDB Stitch, our serverless platform.
You have a passion for developing software and an affinity for teaching software developers. You understand the impact that great documentation, examples, and tutorials have on getting a project from idea to implementation. You're excited to use your skills to envision, build, and maintain non-trivial applications and educational material that go well beyond the cursory content that we so often encounter as developers. You are excited by the idea of becoming a leader in the developer education space.
About the job
We are looking for a great developer who can:
- Create processes and tools to maintain content. MongoDB’s cloud platform is continually evolving, and you want to make sure that we’re always on top of those changes.
- Write clear tutorials and documentation about your code. You love dissecting complex topics and presenting them in a way anyone can understand.
- Talk to and understand developers. Developers come from many different backgrounds, and all have unique goals and requirements. You’re a natural at communicating with people to figure out what they need and helping them reach their goals while avoiding common mistakes.
In 3 months:
- You are comfortable with our toolchain and writing style
- You can complete small to medium complexity writing and coding assignments
- You are getting to know our Stitch engineers and are getting comfortable with participating in intra and inter team discussions
In 6 months
- You create or update documentation, tutorials, and applications for components of new or existing features with some assistance from your teammates
- You possess a working knowledge of the products and know who to follow up with when you need to learn more
- You have adapted to our style of writing and your work has minimal grammar, syntax, or spelling errors
- You can review the work of your peers without reservation and can learn from what they have produced
- You and your manager have discussed your career trajectory and growth opportunities
In 12 months
- You actively take on documenting entire feature sets, complex tutorials, and high level concepts
- You know how much work you can manage and are contributing at a healthy pace
- You provide quality copy and technical reviews for your team members
- You and your manager are implementing growth steps inline with your personal development goals
Our team focuses on getting developers up-and-running quickly. Education Engineers at MongoDB develop tools, create code samples, write documentation and tutorials, and record videos that help developers get started with our products and build amazing apps. We know we’re succeeding when developers tell us that using MongoDB is simple.
You will be an integral part of our growing Developer Education team, which is part of the Education team within MongoDB Engineering.
*MongoDB, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.*