This is a rare opportunity to work for a breakthrough company that is disrupting a $40B market. MongoDB is the fastest-growing databases on the planet, and the MongoDB community is transforming industries with incredibly innovative applications. To help fuel and manage this growth, we are looking for someone to join our leading-edge industry research team that moves quickly and stay focused but relish the opportunity to help build a company with immense potential.
We’re looking for a Team Lead- Business development Research to build, consolidate and leverage consumer insights for MongoDB. This role will be tasked with continuously raising the bar and ensuring high-quality research outputs that are critical components in decision making. This will require working extensively with the stakeholders in the US and EMEA/APAC regions for defining and executing research studies, ensuring timely delivery and dissemination of research outputs and building a partner ecosystem to support these research initiatives. This position will champion the understanding of consumer and category dynamics to drive marketing strategy.
Shift Timings: 2:00 PM-10:00 PM (cabs will be provided)
Work Location: Gurgaon
- Lead and develop a team of 2-3 Jr BDR/BDRs, responsible for their day to day performance and monthly/ quarterly targets; ensuring adherence to SLAs and TAT
- Lead the MBO setting, performance reviews, career development discussions for the team members
- Ensure team members are getting everything they need to succeed, including but not limited to weekly 1:1’s, training needs, tools etc.
- Managing and ensuring the quality standards of the outputs generated through a close review process and guiding and mentoring of the overall team members
- Lead end to end delivery of research projects, including communication with business stakeholders at regular stages of the project
- Should be able to forecast deliveries, do the essential resource allocation/account distribution, project planning, etc.
Stakeholder Management & Business Development
- Lead the business development efforts of the assigned territories by showcasing performance, building relations, regular communication etc.
- Ensure client needs are met within the committed time frame and with best of quality
- Reach out to all new Sales reps in the territory and create awareness of the BDR Program
- Continue to identify additional support streams/ ad-hoc projects BDR team can help Sales Org. with to help them succeed
- Lead by example by meeting/ exceeding personal targets related to PG Kits, Org. Charts, Research Projects etc.
- Lead by example to create a culture of engagement (participate and encourage his team to participate in engagement activities organized by Fun team)
- Take care of leave management, WFH requests etc. Ensure team is adhering to updating SuccessFactors, WFH sheet etc.
To be successful in the above mentioned he/she should be
- Behavioral traits to inspire their own team as well as others in the organization
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment with multiple tasks and projects at hand
- Imbibe and cultivate growth culture
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Excellent communication and time management
- Bachelor’s degree, (post-grad degree preferred)
- Overall 5+ years of experience in Business Research with at least 1+ years in people management/ mentoring
- Preferably showcased success in the current role for last 1+ year
- Expert level understanding of Research and Research tools such as SalesForce, Discover.org, Sales Navigator, Capital IQ, Zoom info, etc.
- Understanding of Sales Function of an organization and deep interest in the same
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*