This is an integral role within one of the fastest growing enterprise software companies in the world. MongoDB continues to double the size of its global sales organization and revenue, building on unparalleled execution and a rapidly expanding customer base across industries and markets around the world. MongoDB, the leading modern database platform in a $50B+ market, is helping to transform industries with incredibly innovative applications.
The continued and proven strength of our sales execution is just as important as the quality of our products, and sets us apart from our competition. MongoDB has one of the most comprehensive and differentiating sales enablement programs in the industry. We have made a massive commitment in this area, with goals to continue to shorten ramp time and maximize productivity for our sales force.
Sales Enablement is delivered through the Global Sales organization and, as a team, reports to the VP of development and performance. The team’s responsibilities include implementing and evolving our sales methodology, delivering relevant training programs, providing targeted coaching, optimizing sales resources, and equipping leadership with actionable insights.
Our existing programs have consistently had an overwhelmingly positive impact to the sales organization and to the company as a whole. They are frequently cited as the best our sales professionals have seen in their careers.
The Sales Enablement Manager, who reports to the Director of Sales Enablement, is an integral part of the team designed to strategically improve performance of the sales organization. This will be achieved through the precise management of projects surrounding:
- Global in-person training programs and eLearning curriculum
- Optimization of a critical tool (HighSpot) that both manages and shares sales content
- Creation and repeatable utilization of our ‘customer success story’ packages
Along with managing key projects, a manager is also expected to significantly contribute to the the design, development, and iteration of new and existing training content.
Within 60 days, you’ll
- Familiarize yourself with our business model, organizational structure, and sales collateral
- Attend Sales bootcamp to learn the technology, what we sell and how we sell it
- Gain competency with our sales enablement tools, Highspot, MindTickle and our content development process and tools
- Familiarize yourself with our customer success story package project, the teams involved, and its purpose
Within 120 Days, you’ll
- Collaborate with other departments such as sales, product marketing, and communications to ensure that portions of our Customer Story Packages owned by the sales enablement team is timely, relevant, and exceptional
- Shadow a key Sales Enablement project and support the completion of ~30% of related tasks
- Take ownership of HighSpot and develop and manage a project plan to optimize its use across the organization
Within 180 Days, you’ll
- Be a critical member of the Sales Enablement team, with a deep understanding of our product offerings, growth opportunities, and our culture and values
- Design and execute on 50% of a custom work plan with minimal guidance
- Design and develop or influence 50% of content for a project, optimizing for information and retention
- Have designed a project plan for optimized HighSpot experience, including increasing adoption and analytics use
- Have designed a project plan for optimized reuse of customer success story packages based on current usage
The ideal candidate will have...
- 1-3 years of customer facing experience (e.g., sales, customer success, consulting)
- Ability to manage global, highly visible projects and timelines that span multiple teams multiple resources
- A high degree of organization and attention to detail
- Exceptional communications skills in the areas of writing, editing, and presenting
- Proven track record of building engaging and consumable training content optimized for retention
- Self-starter mentality with a track record of producing exceptional work with minimal supervision
- Ability to network inside the company and influence stakeholders to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Experience with sales CMS and LMS tools (Highspot and MindTickle is a plus)
- Exposure to SaaS business model, MongoDB or NoSQL databases is a plus