The Cloud Services team are a diverse group of individuals who develop software to run MongoDB at global scale.
Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. Ops Manager is our tool for managing MongoDB clusters in-house and on private cloud platforms, such as Kubernetes.
As a Lead Software Engineer, you will Lead a team who work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, writing code that helps store petabytes of data all over the world, touching millions of users daily. Ops Manager customers are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
This role will report to the Director of Private Cloud in our Dublin office.
A great fit for this role will be
- Well-organised and comfortable prioritising & acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- Aware of how to delegate and build a confident team who can act independently
- You're flexible! You'll be leading a small team, so you're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go and distributing that knowledge
- Experience working on, or with, a remote team (the Private Cloud team is in Dublin & London, with most of Cloud Services in New York)
- Design, implement, test and release features for Cloud Manager and Ops Manager
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach or coding
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- Experience leading a team of software engineers
- Experience as a software engineer - the design, implementation and launch of features and products
Nice to haves
- Familiarity with modern full-stack web development
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure (aws, google, azure), using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (docker, kubernetes, aurora, openshift, cloudfront)
- Some experience administering Windows & Linux servers
- MongoDB is an equal opportunity employer
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*