Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list but currently include products such as Cloud Manager (www.cloud.mongodb.com), Compass, and Atlas.
Our Cloud Support Engineers provide their exceptional analytical skills and customer service to ensure that MongoDB users are successful with our suite of MongoDB application-layer products. We’re looking for individuals who want to dig into the details of how “big data” and “web-scale” systems are successfully assembled and operated every day by organisations of every size and flavour.
Cloud Support Engineers are a key part of our elite Technical Services organisation that supports MongoDB customers worldwide, with teams in locations including New York, Austin, Palo Alto, Sydney, Delhi, Dublin and Tel Aviv.
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to get comfortable working with the cloud every single day and be part of a team that works at the frontier of SaaS services and database systems, this is the role for you.
Why MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
- Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
We consider all candidates with an eye for those who are self taught, curious, and multi-faceted. You’ll need excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and be knowledgeable about a wide range of web and internet technologies. You should also have
- 3+ years of experience in providing cloud support and troubleshooting network problems
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows)
- A B.Tech / B.S. or equivalent work experience; if you don’t have a Computer Science degree, but think you can do the job, apply anyway
- Basic familiarity with Amazon Web Service or other cloud infrastructure platforms
- You’ll get bonus points for foreign language skills, a MongoDB Certification, or previous support experience
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others
- The ability to think on your feet and rapidly learn a wide variety of new technologies and skills
- The ability to successfully understand, diagnose and resolve customer issues in our cloud products
- Skilled in communicating effectively both in writing and verbally
- Work well in a team environment that spans across different time zones
- The ability to both set and meet customer expectations in resolving their issues
- In 3 months you’ll have completed your new hire technical training and will have begun to resolve a standard range of our customer issues
- In 6 months you’ll have become proficient in a wide range of complex customer issues and their resolution
- In 12 months you will be specialising in different technical disciplines within the cloud support environment
- Competitive salary, pension contribution and equity
- Free lunches Tuesdays and Fridays, catered breakfast Monday through Friday and unlimited free snacks, refreshments and drinks
- VHI Health cover, dental cover, travel insurance and life assurance
- Bike to work scheme, commuter tax saver scheme, secure bike storage
- Regular performance, compensation and development reviews
- Unlimited vacation policy means a flexible way to take time off
- 20 weeks Maternity & Paternity leave to spend time with new arrivals
- Wellness programme with classes in local gym
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*