Manager, Cloud Technical Services
If you’re passionate about the opportunity to work with cloud applications whilst leading a cutting edge team for SaaS offerings and database systems, this is the role for you.
Building on the rapid success and adoption of MongoDB, we are delivering applications and services that make it much easier to manage and scale database deployments. These next-generation systems are a growing list but currently include products such as Cloud Manager (cloud.mongodb.com), Compass, and Atlas.
Our Global Cloud Technical Services team provides their profound problem solving and customer service skills to ensure that MongoDB users are successful with our suite of Database-as-a-Service tools. We look for individuals who want to dig into the details of how “Big Data” and modern distributed infrastructures are successfully assembled and operated by organizations of every size and flavor.
We need an experienced team manager who is able to mentor, train, and coach a diverse crew across the APAC region and work closely with colleagues in Dublin and New York. You will be expected to ensure caseload is addressed accurately, quickly, and professionally, while maintaining focus on customers’ success. You will also collaborate with Customer Success Management, Solutions Architects, and other internal stakeholders on high profile customers as we migrate and support business critical applications.
MongoDB is a fantastic place to work and build your career, and here you can
- Be a part of the company that’s reinventing the database, focused on innovation and speed
- Enjoy a fun, inspiring culture that is engineering focused
- Work with talented people around the globe
Learn, contribute, and make an impact on the product and community
Shift Timings: 8:30 AM- 05:30 PM
Work Location: Sydney
- Drive customer success by guiding the team to solve fascinating technical problems, all the way from design through to production operations. This includes managing their team’s workflow, assisting on hands-on customer issues, and managing both internal and external escalations
- Hands on management of a fast growing, distributed international team, with team members in Australia and India. This includes tasks such as hiring, training, mentoring, meetings, and performance evaluations.
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Represent MongoDB and Technical Services at meetups and conferences with the community of developers and leaders
- You will ensure we are investing the right resources, addressing the right problems, and scaling the organization properly to fuel our hyper-growth. This means you’ll also be expected to drive monthly and quarterly pain and bug reports to Engineering, improve operational workflows with internal teams at MongoDB, coordinate regional trainings, summits, and conferences, as well as focus on how we address market demand for our product and services more broadly.
- Management skills, with hands-on experience running small to mid sized teams in a rapid-growth environment
- Patience, empathy, and a genuine desire to help others
- Strong background in one or more of the following (ideally with some experience in the rest):
- Software development/design
- Systems/Network administration
- Database administration
- Performance tuning and benchmarking
- Technical Support on back-end services (example: databases)
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to think on your feet, remain calm under pressure, and solve problems in real-time
- Strong diagnostic/troubleshooting process, with significant experience troubleshooting end-to-end technical issues in production environments
Nice to haves
- Experience administering large-scale production environments, including hardware, operating systems (Linux or Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers)
- Experience managing large-scale databases (RDBMS or NoSQL or both)
- Experience using or managing MongoDB
- Language skills (Hindi, Japanese, Korean, Chinese are all plusses)