Our ideal candidate for this role should have a background in software engineering and education through attending events, collaborating on open source software, or supporting users online. You will be MongoDB University’s strongest link between the organization and our amazing student community. You will work closely with our curriculum engineers to maintain labs, lessons, and our online course delivery platform and to ensure MongoDB learning resources are engaging, relevant, and highly interactive. This is an incredible opportunity for an experienced community-builder to have a real impact on global education access.
Shift timings: 2 PM to 10 PM
- Manage course logistics and content
- Ensure the day to day running of learner facing services are smooth
- Working closely with internal teams to fix tech issues of students.
- Strategize about how to best facilitate our learners helping each other
- Engaging students through different channels to reduce student drop-offs
- Coordinate between our learners, curriculum and product teams, and MongoDB University Mentors to ensure learner’s success
- Ensure the day to day running of online course is smooth
- Be a strong advocate for MongoDB University learners and the company vision
- Manage MongoDB University presence in all main social platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter)
- Scale the student community to ensure high engagement, satisfaction, and completion rates for our courses
- Organize in-person and online events, spearhead experiments to boost activity in our courses
- Identify problem areas and collaborate with the curriculum and product teams to implement solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience with databases (e.g. MongoDB, MySQL, or Oracle)
- An operations background, where you’re familiar with administering operating systems (e.g. Linux, Windows), networks (including firewalls and load balancers), as well as cloud-based resources (e.g. AWS, Azure, OpenStack)
- A low ego to talent ratio
*MongoDB is an equal opportunities employer*