In April, we announced that MongoDB Atlas, our fully-managed global cloud database service, will be integrated directly with the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) Console and Marketplace to provide joint customers of MongoDB and GCP a number of new benefits. With MongoDB Atlas on GCP, you get the benefit of Google’s constant innovation alongside the best database for building modern applications in the cloud. We are very excited to share how this partnership is beginning to take shape and to announce what you can expect in the upcoming months.
Atlas is now available as an offering on the GCP Marketplace, allowing you to leverage your existing financial commitments to Google Cloud to cover Atlas usage. The availability of Atlas on the GCP Marketplace simplifies the procurement process by enabling unified billing - i.e., you will receive a single invoice from Google Cloud that includes your Atlas usage.
Annual Atlas packages including the usage of the database service, end-to-end database support, and additional software and education resources will be available through the GCP Marketplace:
- End-to-end database support covers availability of the service, connectivity issues, and guidance on usage of the UI or platform features. It also includes advice about data best practices, performance optimization, scaling, etc.
- MongoDB Compass, the GUI for MongoDB, is the easiest way to explore and manipulate your MongoDB data. Compass is included in the package available on the GCP Marketplace.
- With online courses that train developers and operations engineers at every skill level, MongoDB University allows your teams to learn MongoDB and get up to speed on the latest features. On-demand access ensures they can do so at their own pace and on their own schedule.
Though the Atlas packages available on the GCP Marketplace are annual, you will be billed monthly based on your monthly Atlas consumption. Additional options for support are also available via private offer. Please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
The deeper integration between Atlas and GCP makes it frictionless to use the leading database for modern applications. When using Atlas on GCP, you will also be able to take advantage of new features including:
- Cloud KMS integration lets you bring your own encryption keys to better manage access to sensitive data. Atlas supports using a Service Account Key provided by Google Cloud Platform to configure the encrypted storage engine — MongoDB’s native encryption option for its default storage engine — on M10 clusters or larger.
- VPC Peering allows you to take advantage of GCP’s Global VPCs to connect to Atlas across regions with ease. Some benefits of VPC peering include lower network latency, higher security, and lower cost.
- Cloud Provider Snapshots (CPS) on GCP provide fully managed localized backup storage and recovery using the native snapshot functionality of GCP. This also gives you the ability to take snapshots on-demand on top of the scheduled snapshots which occur at regular intervals. Cloud Provider Snapshots on GCP provide fast time to restore and allows you to minimize costs; in some regions, CPS is as low as $0.08/GB per month.
- The availability of Atlas in GCP Switzerland brings the total number of regions supported to 19. Helping customers scale their cloud database without impacting performance is top of mind for us at MongoDB. Increasing the availability of Atlas enables lower latency read and writes globally, ensuring consistent performance for your users no matter their geographic location.
MongoDB Atlas is the best way to deploy, run, and scale MongoDB on the Google Cloud; we are thrilled to announce how our partnership is bringing more choice and value for our customers.