Web Application Developer
New York, NY
MongoDB is looking for a Senior Web Application Developer to join us in building the best database monitoring and Backup systems on the planet. Mongo Management Service (MMS) is the team responsible for the design and development of all products that orbit MongoDB. To date these products include: a freely available, cloud-based monitoring and alerting system for MongoDB and a continuous backup solution for which provides point-in-time recovery for replica sets and cluster-wide snapshots of sharded systems.
- Design, implement, and test core MMS features in a small team environment that will directly impact the global engineering community
- Assist support team in using MMS to troubleshoot customer issues with MongoDB
- 3+ years developing client side web applications. Experience with client side MVC frameworks like Backbone.js, Handlebar.js, bootstrap are a plus!
- Extensive experience using Ajax, jQuery
- Familiarity with MongoDB a plus
Nice to haves
- You consider yourself an expert level developer
- You have good web design chops
- You're flexible. You'll be joining a small team, so you're willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities
- You are well organized, used to keeping many balls in the air at the same time
- You realize that comprehensive testing is your responsibility as a developer
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.