User Experience / Interaction Experience
New York, NY
MongoDB is seeking an experienced interaction experience practitioner to focus on user interface development for our online products and services. You will be responsible for UI design and implementation for mongodb.org, the MongoDB Monitoring Service (MMS) and other products and services we develop, and serving as an advocate for users of these products throughout the design and development process.
- Help define and implement user experience for MongoDB related online products and services
- Develop a deep understanding of users through ongoing research and analysis of user behavior patterns
- Advocate for user needs with engineers and other stakeholders through the design and development process
- Collaborate with MongoDB Engineering to research, design and develop user interfaces for MongoDB products and services, partnering with engineers for design and implementation
- MA/MS in human/computer interaction and/or interaction design or 3-5 years’ relevant work experience
- Skills and experience prototyping, designing, testing, implementing, and evaluating user experience for web based applications
- Familiarity with usability heuristics and best practices in UX design
- Ability to create wireframes and processflow diagrams, strong wireframe and user testing skills
- Ability to plan and administer usability tests
- Experience working with version control systems, specifically git
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.