Technical Services Manager (EMEA)
MongoDB is the market leader in the NoSQL database space, with growing adoption in every industry vertical, from media and entertainment through to healthcare and financial services. This presents a variety of use cases, environments and scenarios to support, and our customers and users rely on the expertise and advice of the Technical Services team on a daily basis. Successful members of the Technical Services team will not only be comfortable diving into these uncharted waters but will be excited to solve the problems faced by our diverse customer base.
Team members will apply strong problem solving skills and will acquire a broad understanding of our products as well as a wide range of innovative customer applications and environments, from Foursquare to CERN to Metlife and everywhere in-between. At the end of the day, you’ll be able to look at these groundbreaking applications and say that you had a hand in making them happen.
The Technical Services team at MongoDB, Inc. is responsible for ensuring customer success with MongoDB through:
- consulting on application and/or schema design
- optimizing performance and solving scalability issues
- resolving production outages
- designing and reviewing operational procedures like business continuity plans
- explaining the internals of MongoDB
- testing, verifying and reproducing issues with the product
- developing tools and processes to better support our customers
The Technical Services Manager, EMEA will have the responsibility to manage and expand a highly skilled Technical Services team. You will work closely with the rest of our Technical Services Management team including equivalent roles in North America and APAC, reporting to the Global VP of Technical Services. In addition, you will work with the Engineering, Sales, and Product Marketing teams to ensure that MongoDB is delivering overall superior service and support to our customers.
- Manage and develop the support teams, including hiring, professional development and proactive project work. You will run local team meetings, and provide regular mentoring and guidance to your team
- Interface with the field, sales, product engineering and directly with the customer base on critical escalations and issue resolution
- Provide technical and management leadership, and work with other local leaders on behalf of the Technical Services organization
- Co-ordinate with other support centers and leaders around the world ("follow the sun") to ensure quality is maintained and processes are consistent globally
- Manage support ticket load across the team
- Diagnose and triage problems at various levels of complexity and communicate solutions
- Communicate, coordinate and manage escalation of urgent and complex problems with the product engineering teams
- As part of the global management team: design, develop, and implement processes, systems, and technology to support and enhance the Technical Services function, including workflow and incident management
- Develop internal knowledge base of best practices, common issue resolution techniques and deployment architectures
- Develop and implement practices that measure and improve the effectiveness and performance of the Technical Services function
- Contribute to internal technical projects, which can include software development, benchmarking, building documentation and training guides, and providing oversight on other engineers’ project work
- Lead and/or being involved in Global Strategic Initiatives and attend quarterly summits to coordinate and manage the global goals and initiatives for the organization
- Optional, but encouraged: interact with the community at meetups and conferences
- Led or managed a technical team or organization
- Good communications and interpersonal skills
- Ability to deal with complex, time sensitive (and occasionally urgent) technical issues over the telephone, by video and other media
- Experience recruiting technical staff for customer facing roles
- 8 years of experience in the software industry with a minimum of 3 years in Technical Services management (or similar), including people management
- Background in the development and management of remote support groups, international support groups and 24 x 7 support operations
- Extensive expertise in developing metrics to measure the effectiveness of Technical Services within the organization and from the customer’s perspective
- Experience in both small and large companies is highly desirable, start up experience is a bonus
- Understanding of web application or mobile application development is a plus
- Familiarity with systems operations and management environments within large enterprise customers and/or service providers is desirable
- Track record of accomplishment and effectiveness within organizations
- Experience programming/scripting/hacking a significant plus
- BS/BA degree or equivalent technical experience
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.