Strategic Account Executive, Financial Services
New York, NY
We're looking for a talented and high performing Strategic Account Executive to drive MongoDB adoption and win new business within our financial services vertical. Target accounts reside within Fortune 200 financial services organizations across the United States (and in some cases globally), with predominant influence driven from the NY Metro area headquarters.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of exceeding quota, closing seven figure deals, and landing themselves in the top 10% of their peer group. They'll have strong, well-established relationships with clients, business and channel partners, and in general have a good sense of the Financial Services sector.
Relationships at a Managing Director level or above provide a significant advantage for the ideal candidate, with the ability to manage a territory consisting of existing and new name accounts.
- Aggressively prospect, identify and qualify sales pipeline activities
- Close business to meet or exceed monthly, quarterly and annual quota goals
- Enhance business relationships to leverage additional opportunities (land and expand approach)
- Work closely with Professional Services to ensure customer success early and establish/maintain a beachhead for internal customer reference
- Establish new accounts
- Increase adoption and grow revenue within existing customer base
- Sell a complete solution - Software, Professional Services and Support to enhance the customer's ability to succeed
- Work with Marketing to conduct seminars, assist with trade shows, and other marketing related events in support of territory growth
- Travel to customer sites as needed
- 5+ years experience in Software Solution Sales; Infrastructure or Database Software platform preferred
- Experience selling enterprise software, with proven success within fortune 200 financial services organizations
- BA/BS (or equivalent work experience)
- Live in the tri-state metro-New York area
- High-tech background, with database and enterprise software sales experience
- Demonstrated history of consistent goal achievement in highly competitive environment (top 10% performer, President's club, etc.)
- Energetic, upbeat, tenacious team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience successfully selling into the technical user constituency within an enterprise and developing and selling to C-level executives
- Outstanding relationship building skills with a high degree of responsiveness and integrity
- Familiarity with database, web server, enterprise markets and technology in general
- Fluent with MS-Office (Excel, Powerpoint) and Salesforce.com
- Travel as necessary to support this position (estimated to be <40%)
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.