Software Engineering Intern – Summer 2014
Palo Alto, CA / New York, NY
You are eligible to apply to this position if you are currently a Computer Science major pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and looking for a software engineering internship in the summer of 2014.
MongoDB is seeking Computer Science students with a strong background in CS theory and systems, to join us in building the next revolution in database technology at our Silicon Valley and NYC locations.
MongoDB is the leading NoSQL database. MongoDB (named from "huMONGOus") is reinventing data management and powering big data. Designed for how we build and run applications today, MongoDB empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. It enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with 4 million downloads, 50,000 Online Education registrations, 15,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 10,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
Our Software Engineering internship has two tracks. One option for the summer is to work on an application end to end. Another option is to join one of our engineering teams and work along side an engineer(s) on various tasks.
Our engineering teams include:
- MongoDB Management Services (MMS) - working on our cloud services/our hosted monitoring service
- Developer Experience (Drivers) - working on the drivers for each of our official languages, integration with third party tools and frameworks, sample MongoDB-based applications, documentation, tutorials, and outreach with developer communities
- Core Server (Kernel) - contributing to the MongoDB database working in C++
- Internal Tools & Kernel Tools Team - integrates with every level of the company while writing developer facing tools to make everyone happy
- Dev Ops - working with our internal infrastructure and deployments
- Documentation Team - Building the reference materials for all of MongoDB's products including MongoDB, MMS, and the drivers
- Performance/QA - Ensuring that MongoDB is the fastest and most stable database available
- In the process of receiving a BS or MS in Computer Science
- A solid foundation in computer science theory, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design
- Programming experience
- You’ve probably been a participant in several hackathons
- There is a good chance you’ve probably been a TA or Head TA for a CS course
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. It has a thriving global community with over 4 million downloads, 100,000 online education registrations, 20,000 user group members and 20,000 MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.