Software Engineer in Test, MMS Backend
New York, NY
Starting your first MongoDB server is easy. Creating a Replica Set then then Sharding you data across more machine is simple enough. When you have a cluster of tens or hundreds of nodes then this get tough quickly.
The MongoDB Management Service (MMS) provides a Web based monitoring, Backup & Restore and other automation services to make managing a cluster as simple as building an application with MongoDB. You will be responsible for ensuring that backend services are correct and performant to ensure Enterprise class level of reliability and consistency.
- Work with the product manager and engineering leads to produce great test plans and ensure that they are followed
- Dream up test cases to push the product to the limit and then build testing infrastructure that incorporates these tests into the release qualification process
- Work with engineers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Work with MongoDB users and customers to reproduce bug reports from the field
- Automate everything possible
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, or Engineering
- 5+ years experience in a test automation role
- Good Programming knowledge (C or C++ preferred, Java / Scala ok)
- Experience testing distributed & enterprise software
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Strong UNIX/Linux operational skills (Windows a bonus)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong hands on experience with QA methodologies & processes (black/white box, smoke, regression etc.)
- Should have experience with cloud providers (Amazon EC2, Azure, Joyent , Rackspace, Softlayer)
- Should have database experience (SQL or Non-relational)
- Should have experience with/knowledge of hypervisor technologies (KVM, VMWare, Xen or Hyper-V)
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.