Senior Software Engineer in Test
New York, NY / Austin, TX
Do you like to break things? Understand why they broke and figure out how to fix them? Then make sure it does not happen again? You value reliability and consistency more than anything; whenever you see a divergence you want to crush it until it no longer exists. Manual testing is abhorrent and only palatable for an initial diagnosis; you want to automate and ensure repeatability of results even in the most complex distributed systems. You will traverse the MongoDB codebase and documentation, devising inventive ways to break the applications. You are inspired by real-world use cases and exotic dark corners of complex systems. You want to be the first to shine your light into any corner to discover what is lurking. You want to influence thinking to help build a more testable product and better engineering practices. You strive to promote quality across all aspects of the product.
- Dream up test cases to push MongoDB to the limit and then working to build testing infrastructure that incorporates these tests into the release qualification process
- Work with developers to perform root-cause analysis and preliminary problem diagnosis
- Work with MongoDB users and customers to reproduce bug reports from the field
- Work with the product manager and engineering leads to produce great test plans and ensure that they are followed
- Strong problem-solving ability
- Excellent communication skills required to document and report defects
- Experience with automation tools
- Functional UNIX and Windows experience (including scripting and automation)
- Experience testing distributed, enterprise software
- Experienced team leader with demonstrated mentoring skills
- Experience with cloud providers (EC2, Rackspace, Joyent) preferred
- Programming knowledge of C or C++ preferred
- Experience with/knowledge of hypervisor technologies (such as KVM, VMWare, Xen or Hyper-V) preferred
- Experience with JIRA bug tracking software preferred
- Database experience (SQL or Non-relational) preferred
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. It has a thriving global community with over 4 million downloads, 100,000 online education registrations, 20,000 user group members and 20,000 MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.