Senior Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
The Senior Product Marketing Manager is responsible for articulating the vision and content for MongoDB's core database product. We are looking for smart, creative and hard-working individuals with excellent writing skills to join the team. Product Marketing is responsible for a wide range of initiatives including articulating the use of MongoDB by leading organizations worldwide, promoting the trust and adoption of MongoDB, supporting the MongoDB community, creating critical content for marketing and sales activities and working with account teams to accelerate the sales process.
The ideal candidate is able to create compelling marketing collateral, work with sales to develop opportunities, and to provide a leading voice in the NoSQL market. To be successful you must work with multiple constituents across the company including sales, product development, the MongoDB community, and the marketing team.
- Sales Tools: create content for sales and marketing including customer profiles, whitepapers, presentations, internal tools, marketing campaigns, events and the web site
- Promote the trust and adoption of MongoDB
- Positioning: work with industry experts within the company to create strong positioning in specific industries, including Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare, Telco, and many of the world's leading startups
- Competitive: analyze competing products and offerings, broadly and within specific industries, to position MongoDB effectively
- Community: participate in MongoDB and industry events, including speaking and generating content
- Website: improve the content, design and navigation of mongodb.com and mongodb.org. Act as a liaison between marketing and the web dev and design teams to add new features and content
- 5+ years of product marketing experience
- 5+ years working with one or more of the following industries: Financial Services, Retail, Healthcare
- Ability to produce absolutely stellar writing under tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate and develop positive business relationships with all cross-functional areas within MongoDB and the MongoDB community
- Familiarity with open-source software and database technologies
- Marketing in a start-up environment a plus
- Developer skills a plus
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.