MongoDB Database Kernel Engineer
New York, NY
MongoDB is looking for outstanding engineers to work on its popular database server. The engineer's main goal is to develop the next generation of MongoDB and to maintain the current one. Kernel engineers work on MongoDB internals, contributing with design, code, and test for the product. They'll be involved in a range of opportunities, from design and implementation of new features to troubleshooting and fixing existing ones. This position is based in our New York City headquarters. Relocation assistance provided.
- Understand and improve current functionality of the MongoDB Kernel
- Identify, design, implement, test, launch and support next generation features related to scalability, reliability, robustness, usability, security, and performance of the product
- Work with other engineers to coordinate seamless changes in a feature-rich, large code base
- Work with client drivers, support, consulting, training, and marketing teams to coordinate changes
- Strong domain knowledge of at least one of the following: distributed systems, concurrency control and recovery, data replication, file systems and storage, compiler and code generation, query processing and optimization. (Be prepared to offer an engineering talk on a domain of your choice.)
- Hands-on experience building industrial-strength software related to at least one of your domain knowledge areas above
- Experience with large code bases, either in C++ or C, and Linux development
- B.Sc. in Computer Science. M.Sc. and Ph.D. in relevant domain a plus
Nice to haves
- Not only enjoy writing open source software, but have actually read and explored at least one project, back-to-back
- Development in more than one of the following platforms: *nix, Windows, and MacOS
- Ability to independently expand knowledge of new domains
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. It has a thriving global community with over 4 million downloads, 100,000 online education registrations, 20,000 user group members and 20,000 MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.