Lead Kernel Tools Engineer
New York, NY
The Kernel Tools team is responsible for developing the tools that enable MongoDB users to interact with the server. The Lead Engineer will be in charge of designing and developing new tools as well as adding features to existing tools. The Lead Engineer will report to the VP of Engineering and will grow a team of 3-5 engineers. A strong foundation in application development methodologies and testing is required to deliver this suite of highly performant and reliable multi-platform tools designed to work in the most demanding environments.
- Lead the team responsible for building tools which enable MongoDB users to interact with the server
- Develop new tools and new features on existing tools
- Test all current and future tools/features for high performance and reliability across multiple platforms
- Build out a team capable of producing in a fast-pace environment
- 4+ years of software engineering or related experience
- Proven leadership and strong problem-solving skills
- Experience using RDBMS or NoSQL databases
- C/C++ programming skills
- Expertise in databases and operating systems
- Good understanding of software development processes
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A track record of delivering complex software projects
- Experience with Go programming language a plus
- Experience with MongoDB a plus
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.