Kernel Program Manager
New York, NY
MongoDB is seeking a Program Manager for the Core Server team. The candidate must be a highly technical and organized individual with a passion for facilitating large scale engineering endeavours. The Program Manager role will help manage the Server team’s interaction with a large and vocal user base and other teams within MongoDB.
The Server Program Manager should be hyper-organized, but able to see the project big picture in order to help plan both long term and prioritize smaller feature requests.
- Work closely with CTO and VP of Engineering to help prioritize backlog and plan release roadmap
- Recognize patterns in a sea of information and effectively categorize and create links between related issues and projects
- Clearly and succinctly describe issues submitted by the community and double-check them after they're closed by engineering
- Have a clear understanding of the organizational structure in order to escalate and filter information to appropriate person or team
- Work with Field, Support and Sales teams to align outside feature requests with existing engineering priorities
- Able to see the big picture and help plan and prioritize across individual projects
- Hyper-organized when it comes to "Jira Hygiene"
- Strong interest in thorny technical issues central to databases: distributed systems, consensus algorithms, data replication, query optimization, data storage, OS internals, concurrency and scheduling, networking, etc.
- Attuned sense of priority and urgency
- MongoDB expertise is not a requirement, but interest in working with the database is
- 2+ years working in an Engineering role e.g., Programmer, Project Manager, Technical Writer, Support Engineer
Nice to haves
- Have a passion for contributing to open source
- Ability to independently expand knowledge of new domains
- Last, but not least, desire to take an active role in innovation
- MongoDB expertise is a plus
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.