International Development Intern, Asia
New York, NY
MongoDB is looking for undergraduate students to join the Marketing team as interns this summer. MongoDB has a global community of engineers and a growing and enthusiastic community located in Asia. The International Development Intern will have the opportunity to drive engagement of MongoDB in Asia, mainly in China and India: regions with huge potential for community growth and innovation. This role is ideal for students with experience or interest in International Development, International Relations and Politics. This role reports to the Community Marketing team.
Marketing interns at MongoDB build broad experience with community management, lead generation, marketing processes and CRM tools. In addition, interns gain exposure to all aspects of MongoDB’s business through professional development lectures and mentorship. Past interns have joined the company in full time positions after graduation.
- Self starter who is smart, driven, and hard working
- Interested in technology, startup culture, and chasing the next big idea
- Organized, detail-oriented and competent at managing multiple, simultaneous tasks using complex systems
- Excited to learn a lot of new things in a constantly changing environment
This is a 10-week internship based in MongoDB’s NYC office. Interns will have the chance to be part of our first MongoDB World Conference in NYC on June 23-25. The internship offers a competitive salary.
- Building resources for MongoDB Community Members in Asia
- Localizing content, through the use of translators and other external resources, for MongoDB audiences in China
- Brainstorm with community members and the team to encourage MongoDB adoption and community growth in Asia
- Organize and participate in working groups and meetings to help further support the community
- Review and provide insight on techniques and strategies for better serving the MongoDB Community around the world
- Provide metrics on community growth and activity to leadership team
- Assist in the roll-out and implementation of global marketing programs for the MongoDB Community
- Interest in International Relations, Development and global economies
- Exceptional writing and communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to build relationships with individuals with diverse personalities and styles at different levels of seniority
- Working experience in India, China or Japan preferred but not required
- Knowledge of Chinese or Japanese preferred but not required
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.