Positions at 10gen
Would you enjoy working in Java, Go, Python, and Ruby; sometimes all in the same week? This could be the perfect position for you.
MongoDB is looking for a well rounded Software/Infrastructure/Build Engineer to join us in building the best database management system on the planet. The MongoDB Management Service is a monitoring, backup, and automation system for MongoDB. MMS is already being used to manage thousands of MongoDB nodes and processes billions of metrics per day. There is tons to do to make it even better and to scale the system as we rapidly add new customers.
- Maintain and improve the MMS team's build and test infrastructure
- Find creative ways to make the MMS team more productive
- Design, implement, and test enterprise features for MMS
- Be a MMS expert to help with On-Prem MMS installations
- 3+ years experience with a compiled language (Java or C# preferred)
- 3+ years experience with a scripting language (Python or Ruby preferred)
- 7+ years experience with Go. That is a joke. But seriously, we love Go.
- Some experience administering Linux servers
- Some experience with Continuous Integration software like Jenkins and Travis CI
- Some experience with Amazon Web Services
Nice to haves
- Knowledge of enterprise security technologies such as Kerberos, LDAP, and Active Directory
- You know most of Fowler's "Practices of Continuous Integration" off the top of your head
- You know the difference between a merge and rebase, and have an opinion on which is better
- After you do something for the second time you immediately start thinking of ways to automate it