Email Marketing Intern
New York, NY
MongoDB is looking for undergraduate students to join the Marketing team as interns this summer. The Email Marketing Intern will be responsible for analysis, strategy, and content generation for marketing emails. Through this internship you will learn tactics for optimizing the most effective marketing tool for acquiring and retaining customers: email. This internship is on the front lines of building and refining email strategy for a rapidly growing company and is not just about creating reports -- we want big ideas too.
Marketing interns at MongoDB build broad experience with community management, lead generation, marketing processes and CRM tools. In addition, interns gain exposure to all aspects of MongoDB’s business through professional development lectures and mentorship. Past interns have joined the company in full time positions after graduation.
- Self starter who is smart, data-driven, and hard working
- Interested in technology, startup culture, and chasing the next big idea
- Organized, detail-oriented and competent at managing multiple, simultaneous tasks using complex systems
- Excited to learn a lot of new things in a constantly changing environment
This is a 10-week internship based in MongoDB’s NYC office. Interns will have the chance to be part of our first MongoDB World Conference in NYC on June 23-25. The internship offers a competitive salary.
- Plan, set up, execute, and report on email marketing campaigns using tools such as Marketo, Salesforce, and Google Analytics
- Analyze campaign performance and make design and copy recommendations that improve open, click, and click-to-open rates
- Work with marketing ops to set up effective email marketing automation for new campaigns
- Refine scheduling and content of emails across multiple events
- Design and execute A/B tests that improve the performance of MongoDB’s email marketing and provide findings that you will apply to future campaigns
- Write compelling content for both business and technical audiences
- Use MongoDB’s historical email marketing data as a resource for making decisions about what segments to target and at what frequency
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.