Director Product Management
New York, NY
You will be responsible for the MongoDB product roadmap. In collaboration with engineering, you’ll define upcoming releases and communicate to audiences both inside and outside the company.
- Evangelize and advocate product features and benefits to internal and external stakeholders
- Make sure 10gen employees and customers all understand what’s coming in future releases and why
- Formulate product requirements that clearly guide engineering
- Work with key customers to understand their challenges/projects to drive detailed requirements
- Analyze competitive products to help with positioning, sales opportunities, and product direction
- Partner with marketing to position products in the market, assisting with analyst relations
- Work with support, solution architects, consultants, and trainers to provide a 360-degree view of the 10gen customer experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years overall industry experience, delivering DBMS, search engine, file system, or other systems technology
- 5+ years product management experience
- Track record of successfully working with enterprise customers and executive stakeholders
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapid growth environment
- Deep technical knowledge of NoSQL technologies preferred
- Engineering experience in systems software preferred
- Experience with distributed systems, MapReduce, data warehousing preferred
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. It has a thriving global community with over 4 million downloads, 100,000 online education registrations, 20,000 user group members and 20,000 MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 600 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.