Director of Channels (APAC)
Alliances and Channels are a critical element of our go-to-market plan in APAC. We have established and continue to build a strong ecosystem that spans APAC. Each partner brings unique value to our customers and a dynamic leader is needed to drive significant market share through collaboration and field success.
We are looking for an experienced, hands-on, sales-oriented, and driven Channels Director to execute on our strategy and achieve incremental revenue through MongoDB Distributors, Resellers, and Technology Partners. This critical role will be responsible for contributing to the channel strategy in the region, defining and managing program execution and ensuring achievement of revenue goals.
This role will work closely with the Global Channel Leadership and Regional VP. Furthermore, a close alignment with the sales teams is needed. The ability to evolve the partner strategy, recruit the right partners, build executive relationships and drive channel success is critical. Ultimately, s/he will be expected to create real and measurable business results. This role will be based in India.
- Achieve and exceed key channel metrics around influenced, co-sell and resell revenue, marketing and ecosystem
- Execute and evolve the channel strategy including decisions around new segments, key players and actions to cover market opportunities
- Oversee and manage all channel initiatives working closely with field sales, marketing and services
- Track channel pipeline and traction and ensure predictable business
- Provide sales support to ensure channels are competitive and capable to win business
- Develop business plans and program objectives to support revenue commitments and drive the quarterly business review of the plans
- Expand relationships and enable our existing channels by developing go-to-market strategies that are executed in the field
- Define key channels in collaboration with sales management
- Drive and support channel sales opportunities and gain the support of internal resources as needed, in both pre-sales and post-sales activities to ensure the success of the channel, and customers
- Manage the partners to ensure a high customer satisfaction and positive reference accounts
- Facilitate, develop and manage sales enablement and training plans to ensure channels are equipped to position products/solutions and compete effectively to meet revenue objectives
- Evangelize the channel including joint value proposition with sales teams to ensure awareness and collaboration, minimizing sales conflicts
- Collaborate with Marketing to drive the creation of sales collateral as well as demand generation programs and campaigns that drive channel revenue
- Effectively work with sales team to insure that leads generated through channels and marketing efforts are converted into paying accounts and to identify MongoDB customer needs that could be satisfied with a partnership
- Demonstrate MongoDB’s value proposition to Executives, Sales and Technical teams
- Provide accurate reporting of pipeline and forecast using Salesforce
- Stellar channel experience with proven track record of building high-performing global partners
- 10+ years of experience in IT related direct and indirect sales for enterprise software organization
- Open Source, Platform and Database background strongly preferred
- Experience in building an efficient channel operations system with partner portals, tracking, registrations, collaterals, etc.
- Proven experience of partnering with SIs, Technology and Reseller partners, having build strategic relationships with the largest partners in the region (Tech Mahindra, Wipro, Infosys etc.)
- Experience in helping early-stage companies scale with strong partnerships
- Enjoys a very hands on partner role; detail oriented; Also able to grow a team as needed
- Technically adept, strong thinker with solution comfort; Able to articulate joint value-propositions with partners
- Clear Communication and Executive Level Presentation Skills
- Strong business acumen and negotiation abilities
- 50% Travel, or as required by the business
- Bachelors Degree or higher