Consulting Engineer (APAC)
MongoDB is looking for a team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for world domination! As a technical consultant, you'll be MongoDB's ambassador to our clients and other MongoDB users. The position will require Asia-Pacific travel (expected 50% of the time).
- You'll deliver advisory consulting to and lead comprehensive training sessions with MongoDB's clients, helping them solve mission-critical challenges in areas as varied as schema design, performance optimization (both in a database and in an application), software architecture, production operations
- When in the MongoDB office, you'll work with MongoDB's rockin' team of software engineers and support staff to provide top-quality support for MongoDB users
- Excellent analytic and diagnostic skills are paramount, every other detail is negotiable
- 5+ years of software development/consulting/support experience desired
- Competence in at least one of the following languages (in no particular order): Java, C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, Python, C++
- Experience developing or supporting applications in a few different verticals is a plus
- Strong database knowledge is a plus; MongoDB experience is a double-plus
- You have a broad familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations
- You're interested in a very customer-facing role, work well both alone and in teams (so excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required)
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.