MongoDB is looking for a team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for world domination!
The consulting team exists to help customers with any adoption scenario, from building new applications, to migrating to MongoDB, to scaling existing deployments — and everything in between Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
Note: This location is preferred. However, if you are located near a major airport and willing to travel, please feel free to apply.
- Contribute to all phases of MongoDB implementations, such as application development, database configuration, system testing, performance optimization (both in the database and within an application), deployment architecture, production operations, client training, and best practices conformance
- Excellent analytic, diagnostic, and communication skills are paramount, every other detail is negotiable
- This position requires frequent travel (must be comfortable with travel up to 80%, often a few days each week)
- Either competence in at least one of the following languages (in no particular order): Java, C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, Python, C++, or else competence administering databases such as (in no particular order): Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- Strong familiarity with Linux administration and tuning desired
- You have a broad familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations
- 5+ years of software development/consulting/support experience desired
- If you have experience developing or supporting applications in a number of distinct industries/verticals, that's a plus
- You're interested in both technical and customer-facing role
- You work well autonomously and in teams