New York, NY / Palo Alto, CA
MongoDB is looking for a team of consulting engineers to further our ongoing plans for world domination!
The consulting team are there to help customers with any development scenario, from building new applications, to migrating to MongoDB, to scaling existing deployments — and everything in between. Our consulting solutions ensure that organizations get the best out of MongoDB.
- Assist with all phases of MongoDB implementations, such as configuration, testing, optimization (both in a database and in an application), deployment architecture, production operations, and best practices reviews
- When in the MongoDB office, you'll work with our team of software engineers and support staff to provide top-quality services for MongoDB users
- Excellent analytic and diagnostic skills are paramount, every other detail is negotiable
- 8+ years of software development/consulting/support experience desired
- Competence in at least one of the following languages (in no particular order): Java, C#, Ruby, PHP, Perl, Python, C++
- Experience developing or supporting applications in a few different verticals is a plus
- Strong database knowledge is a plus; MongoDB experience is a double-plus
- You have a broad familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and deployment/operational considerations
- You're interested in a very customer-facing role, work well both alone and in teams (so excellent interpersonal and written communication skills are required)
- This position requires some travel