Business Architect, Telco
New York, NY / Austin, TX / Palo Alto, CA
MongoDB is looking for a Business Architect to focus on the telecommunications vertical driving enterprise-level, ‘solution’ architecture initiatives that position the value of MongoDB relative to a customer's overall business strategy. They will engage with customer LOB and IT executives, stakeholders and partners to understand overall business strategy, direction and how technology supports that strategy. This person will influence a customer’s vision such that it leverages modern data management technologies, specifically MongoDB. This will be achieved through the justification of economic value propositions and models that demonstrate the value MongoDB can bring to a future state business strategy.
This person will also partner with related MongoDB teams, specifically the Enterprise Architect and Sales team, to facilitate technical realization of a customer's vision through training, awareness and industry messaging that demonstrates the business value of MongoDB. Travel will be required and we are open to candidates outside of our U.S. offices.
- Understand the telco marketplace direction and trends, vision and priorities (both business and technical) and relate to MongoDB capabilities, best practices and use cases
- Independently drive collaborative business value sessions, focusing on innovative new technologies, driving towards proactive pervasive use of MongoDB
- Capture and deliver compelling business value associated with business capabilities from MongoDB
- Collaborate with appropriate MongoDB team members to ensure realizable capabilities and vision
- Deliver and share business value messaging internally, externally and for marketplace consumption
- Tie business messaging and ‘solutions’ to MongoDB ‘use cases’
- Focus and deliver customers stories, and use cases to best practices and MongoDB business solution capabilities
- Create internal team of individuals enabled to drive business value capabilities in proactive selling motions
- 10+ years experience in the telco industry is a must
- 15+ years of experience working with customers at an enterprise level, including pre-sales, sales and/or professional services
- Strong analytical, facilitation and communication skills (informal, formal, written, verbal and graphical)
- Experience in solution creation and deployment. Working knowledge of database, 'Big Data' and the use of data in organizations. Delivery of new technologies into organizations is desirable
- Strong leadership and organizational skills. Ability to navigate complex, matrix organizations, driving innovation and new ways of thinking
- Excellent presentation and delivery skills, with ability to influence
- B.S. or B.A. college degree (or higher) preferred
MongoDB (from humongous) is reinventing data management and powering big data as the leading NoSQL database. Designed for how we build and run applications today, it empowers organizations to be more agile and scalable. MongoDB enables new types of applications, better customer experience, faster time to market and lower costs. MongoDB has a thriving global community with more than 6 million downloads, 125,000 Online Education registrations, 25,000 MongoDB User Group (MUG) members and 20,000 annual MongoDB Days attendees. The company has more than 900 customers, including many of the world’s largest organizations.
To all recruitment agencies: MongoDB does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or MongoDB employees. MongoDB is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.