Would you enjoy working in Python, Ruby, and Go; sometimes all in the same week? This could be the perfect position for you.
MongoDB is looking for a Build Engineer to join us in building the best database management system on the planet. The MongoDB Management Service is a monitoring, backup, and automation system for MongoDB. MMS is already being used to manage thousands of MongoDB nodes and processes billions of metrics per day. There is tons to do to make it even better and to scale the system as we rapidly add new customers.
- Maintain and improve the MMS team's build and test infrastructure
- Find creative ways to make the MMS team more productive
- Review MMS documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, and completeness
- 3+ years experience with a scripting language (Python or Ruby preferred)
- 7+ years experience with Go. That is a joke. But seriously, we love Go
- You have experience administering Linux servers
- You have experience with Continuous Integration software like Jenkins and Travis CI
- You have supported an AWS environment, and have used automation tools like Chef or Puppet
Nice to haves
- You know most of Fowler's "Practices of Continuous Integration" off the top of your head
- You know the difference between a merge and rebase, and have an opinion on which is better
- After you do something for the second time you immediately start thinking of ways to automate it
- Experience with MongoDB is a big plus!